Since its foundation, Sogang Business School (SBS) has nurtured over 3,200 business talents (majority part-time MBAs, with the first full time MBA graduate from 2008). At the forefront of the latest business trends, SBS provides excellent, practical curriculum for students to lead the global flow of Korean business.
|2014 Intake||2015 Intake|
|Female Student Ratio||33%||25%|
Career Path after Graduation
Job Placement by Sector
Who Are We Looking For?
Candidates interested in a career in Asian markets.
Candidates with clear short-term and long-term goals.
Candidates with demonstrated intellectual stamina and curiosity.
To apply to Sogang University, we ask you to assemble and prepare a variety of materials that will help us assess your qualification. Remember, all materials must be submitted properly to SIMBA office by the application deadlines. The following serves as a preview of what you need to prepare.
SIMBA welcomes students from around the globe. The admissions criteria applied in evaluating international applicants are the same as those for Korean citizens. All application materials, including transcripts and recommendations, must be original, in English and submitted to the office by Air mail (FEDEX, DHL and so on)
|Foreign applicants are||those who have citizenship of foreign countries including parents. Or, those whose parents don’t have foreign citizenships must graduate elementary, middle, high school and university (or be expected to graduate from an accredited four-year college before March) in the foreign country.|
* Overseas applicants who do not meet these qualification must apply for admission for Koreans.
An international applicant is required to hold a college or university degree equivalent to a four-year American bachelor degree. Equivalent degrees include international three-year bachelor degree programs. All post-secondary educational institutions you have attended and received a degree from, including technical and professional schools, should be listed on the application form. The complete, formal names of the institutions and the title of any diploma or degree earned must be used.
When submitting transcripts for the application, all course names must be translated into English before submission. An unofficial translation is acceptable in your initial written application. However, if admitted to Sogang University, you will be required to provide an official original language paper transcript sent directly from each college or university attended. The school reserves the right to withdraw any offer of admission if there is a discrepancy between the unofficial translation and the official original language transcript and/or the official translation.
- Completed application form download with 3 photos attached and 3 extra photos(3.5 X 4.5cm)
- Letter of recommendation download from at least 1 professor or office senior etc. (The person who can evaluate objectively)* Recommendation should be written in SGSB’s own form.
- Diploma or a certificate of pending degree officially confirmed by the university
- Official transcripts of all colleges and graduate schools attended should be original.
- A statement of purpose in English: an essay(2 pages double-spaced, font size 10,using MS word processor) that enunciates the reasons why the applicant is interested in SGSB program, the applicant’s life experiences and future career plans.
- 1 copy of passport for non-Korean citizen (the copy will be checked with the original copy.)
- One copy of a Verification of Deposit (over $10,000) of the person responsible for student’s expensesBalance ($10,000). If you don’t have Korean visa at the time of application, you must submit the verification of deposit. The deposit amount of $10,000 must be maintained within the selected account for a minimum of one month.* If the owner of bank account is not you, we also need the official certificate of relationship.* If you are under a F-4 visa, you don’t need to submit the Verification of Deposit.
- Application fee: 100,000 won or $100 (US dollars)* You can remit fee to our bank account : HVBKKRSE 1006-901-269947 / Bank Account holder name : SOGANG UNIVERSITY* When you make a remittance, the remittance commission is in your charge.* After you remit the fee to our bank account, please email to email@example.com* If you ask for getting a refund of application fee, remittance commission will be deducted.
- Signed Consent Form download
As you prepare your application to Sogang University, please be aware of the following policies :
- Each applicant is responsible for ensuring his/her application is complete.
- The Admissions Board will not consider any additional materials or changes once an application has been submitted.
- The completed application becomes the confidential property of Sogang University and is not returnable.
- Applicants are responsible for ensuring that all the information and accompanying material provided in connection with their application is authentic and accurate.
- Sogang University may at any time require applicants to provide satisfactory verification of the information and documents submitted as part of the application. If an applicant is unable to do so, the School reserves the right to cease consideration of the application, to withdraw any offer of admission already made, and/or to terminate one’s status as a student.
- Applicants assume all costs for authenticating and verifying documents and information associated with their application.
- Once an application is submitted, the Board reserves the right to request additional information from the applicant, including, but not limited to, an interview.
- All applicants who have been invited for an interview must fulfill the request in order to complete the application process.
- Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide feedback to candidates who are not admitted.
The application deadlines for the MBA Class of 2017 are :
|APPLICATION PERIODS||the mail application must arrive at the office no later than 17:00 on the closing day||NOTIFICATION OF THE MBA ADMISSIONS BOARD’S DECISION|
|ROUND 1||May 8, 2017 – May 19, 2017||May 24, 2017|
|ROUND 2||June 5, 2017 – June 23, 2017||June 28, 2017|
Please note that each “round” represents a distinct period in which you may apply, not a succession of steps for your application.
Given past experience, we anticipate that many candidates will submit their online application materials very close to 17:00 on submission deadline dates. To avoid heavy server traffic and potential delays, we encourage candidates to submit application materials as early as possible.
|Interview||overseas residents will have a phone interview|
|ROUND 1||May 27, 2017|
|ROUND 2||July 1, 2017|
- Date : August, 2017
- Venue : TBA
When Should I Apply?
To avoid overwhelming server traffic generated by the high volume of applications we receive, candidates are encouraged to submit their application as early as possible prior to the deadline of each round.
MBA Class of 2017 Student Budget
|Dormitory||KRW 1,870,000 per semester|
|Housing||KRW400,000~500,000 per month|
|Application Fee||KRW 100,000|
The best scoring student in the admission screening has 800,000KRW.
Second and Third Semester
The best student has 800,000KRW according to the GPA of the first and the second semester.
The Scholarship regulation for foreign students is being renovated.
The updated scholarship information will be updated at the end of May.
We ask for your understanding in advance about the above situation.
Application Distribution and Management Office
- Sogang Business School Administrative Office, Matthew Hall 302, 35 Baekbeom-ro (Sinsu-dong), Mapo-gu, Seoul 04107, Korea
- TEL : +82-2-705-8172
- FAX : +82-2-715-8505
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn about everything that’s required to apply, or, if you’ve already covered the requirements, click on “Begin Your Application” above to officially declare that you’re ready to start the next phase of your life.